Monday 9 March 2009

Crufts Part 2

So after Thursday and having to work Friday, I decided that as I was going back up to Crufts on Sunday to be groomy for Toni (and Lee) in the Champ class on Sunday, that I might be better off driving up Saturday afternoon and spending the night in the lovely little cottage that Toni was staying in. Well of course that meant a late night and consumption of large amounts of wine!

However Sunday morning off we went to NEC. Champ day. Toni and Minx and Kite and Lee had Bold there.

Well what a day!!!!!! Toni had two 1st with Minx in the agility and jumping qualifiers, a 2nd and 3rd with Kite in the qualifiers. So both dogs into the final. Lee also qualified Bold for the final.

So onto the final.... First up was Minx. I sat out the back in the collecting area, holding onto Kite and watching Minx on the tv screen. Toni put in a fantastic round with Minx (who was running last of the mediums) to go striaght to the top of the pile and win. 33.77. I do confess to screaming but not jumping around cos I didn't want to stand on Kite! Then I did think that maybe I ought to go and swap dogs and give Kite to Toni. So off I went. Congratulated Toni and then disappeared round the back with Minx. I sat round the back with Minx giving her lots of cuddles and telling her what a good girl she had been, thinking it's a shame they don't understand how good they have been.

Any way me and the champ dog... sat and watched Lee run Bold, cracking time but 5f on a-frame. Lee had quickest time. Bold really is a quick little lad and i'm sure he will have his time in the spot light. Then it was Toni to run Kite. Well Kite put in a great round and crossed the line clear in... wait for it and see above... 33.77. A great time. Couldn't celebrate though as next up was Dave and Dobby and we all know what this dog can do. Unfortunately for Dave he had 5f on the dog walk. So that was it... Toni and Kite had won as well. I went into the arena to congratulate Toni and of coruse give her the lovely Minx back. Toni was crying, I was crying... everyone was hugging Toni! It was great. To see everyone so genuinely happy for Toni. What a double to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is fair to say that Minx has been hard work for Toni. And so to win this final was Toni's big goal for Minx. For Kite to win at 10 years of age... wow I think that was an added bonus.

WELL DONE MATE!

I think I floated all the way home and I didn't even run a dog.

So between Toni and Lee... and apologies for missing anything.. they achieved

Team semi win - Jag, Bold, Shy and Billy
Team final win - Jag, Bold, Shy and Billy
Singles Medium semi 3rd - Minx
Singles Medium final - 1st - Minx
Singles Large semi - 1st - Shy
Singles Large semi - 5th - Kite
Singles Large semi - 7th - Bold
Singles Large final - 2nd - Shy
Singles Large final - 3rd - Bold
Singles Large final - 4th - Kite
Champ Large jumping - 2nd - Kite
Champ Large jumping - 3rd - Bold
Champ Medium jumping - 1st - Minx
Champ Large agilty - 3rd - Kite
Champ Large agilty - 5th - Bold
Champ Medium agility - 1st - Minx
Champ Large Final - 1st - Kite
Champ Large Final - 3rd - Bold
Champ Large Final - 1st - Minx

Now that's what I call a Crufts!!

1 comment:

Lorna said...

Glad I was not there I would have been in tears too! Happy ones of course!

That certainly was an excellent Crufts for the Pink Team and their handlers and dogs in the various events!

Lorna x