Friday 18 January 2008

Bad bad blogger

Well I am the worst blogger in the world I think. I started it off and thought what a good idea and then that was it. I was never any good at keeping diaries or anything else... so I will try and keep this more up to date. So a quick update I guess from my last entry. After having had a cracking show at Vyne, Jag went on to the highlight of the year for me... Hinckley!!!!! This time he won the CC!!! Woo.... just what I had wanted for a good few years. Andy Hudson was the judge and he set some great courses, which proved just right for Jag and I. On top of this Jag also managed to qualify for a chum semi the following day. I have a video of Jag's 2006 Olympia runs (also judged by Andy! hm pattern emerging!), his Crufts runs and his CC winning run. If I have done it right, then it should be below!!




Jag's CC was the highlight of mine and Jag's year. We got to 3 Olympia semi finals. I managed to finish 6th in one (top 5 qualify), had 5 faults in another and in the last one we got e'd about two from home after he had done a cracking round. GRRR!!! We did get to go to Olympia. They had an invitation run on the Monday and Jag and I were asked to attend. Sadly Jag broke his wait and splatted the first two poles. Good bit was that we were live on Eurosport. So finally I am a famous (or not) TV star. As for Twix... well what can I say about little girl. She started off in grade three by getting several clear rounds in her first weekend and just carried on. After winning out of grade 3 she picked up lots more places. Her first grade 4 show was at the begining of July. Well she didn't stay there for long! Twix won out of grade 4 by winning a 1-5 agility at Dogs In Need. I was especially pleased with this win as not only did she win in a class that had dogs above her grade but it was at a huge show that always has a great level of competitions.

Apart from Twix's wins this year, we had a great time at the KC Festival. I think Twix had something like 9 runs over the weekend,and 8 clears! Results were:-

13th grade 4/5 jumping
12th grade 4 agility
9th grade 3/4/5 agility
7th grade 4 jumping
3rd grade 4 jumping
3rd grade 4 agility
2nd grade 3/4/5 jumping.

Twix also qualified for the Novice Cup final. The top 8 (I think) dogs get to go to Crufts. The finals course just proved a little to tough for Twix in one area. But I have to say she worked the rest of the course brilliantly!! She picked up on a really hard weave entry and just flew in.

One of Twix's relatives, Nancy Hudsons, Niamh also qualified for the final. From memory I think they finished 2nd and are off to Crufts.

No comments: