Sunday 20 May 2007

Vyne............................

After having struggled a little bit with Jag over the past few weeks, I went to Vyne determined to sort myself out. Vyne was a champ show and I am really really hoping to get a cc with Jag this year. But not if I handle like I had been.

The day started well with Jag going clear in the jumping round of the champ class. He finished 7th in that part. Then I ran off to run Twix in all three of her classes. Twix went clear in the grade 3 agility and into the lead! We had minor issues in the other classes but only baby stuff.

I didn't have time to worry about where Twix was in her class. As I now had all Jag's runs to do! We went clear in grade 7 jumping and finished 13th then went on to do 6/7 agility and went clear. Although we didn't get placed as I didn't want to push Jag too hard in the conditions and I did have half an eye on pushing int he champ class.

Jag then went clear in the champ agility and finished 3rd which meant we had qualified for the final round. Meanwhile I learnt that Twix had won her Grade 3 agility.. Yipee.

The course for the champ final was lovely. Jag and I had qualified in top position so ran last just after Toni and Kite. Toni put in a lovely round and then Jag and I had to follow that. Well Jag ran his little socks off for me. Every turn was excellent... except for the last one! We ended up winning the reserve challenge certificate. Toni won the CC but as she is my best mate, it couldn't have gone to a nicer person. Jag and I were .22 behind Toni and Kite. We'll get the big one one day!

What a day.


No comments: