Friday 25 January 2008

Venting ones feelings!!

Well the blog seems to have become a rather nice way of venting ones feelings, good or bad!! So far it appears like I'm a grumpy s*d lol. Honest i'm not. But I have felt rather irritated.. by everything lately! Maybe it's an age thing and another birthday creeping up. Who knows.

Any way Wednesay started badly. I learnt that a colleague of mine had lost her Dad. It was not unexpected but not nice. A relief in a way but it did upset me. My colleague is only three years older than me and her Dad a smiliar age to mine. She has also had lots of other bad news within the last 6 months or so. I hope things change for her. She is so nice and without be cliche, it's just not fair.

Gym has been good.. Yes really I do like it. I somehow like working my butt off and feeling like I have worked hard. Weird!! But hopefully it will pay off one day. I was actually sad enough to buy a pair of jeans in the sales at Christmas, that were a size to small for me. So my aim is to fit into them.

Thursday night is my teaching night... so for Leah (if she looks at this blog lol) here is my course that I set..



The focus was on jumping sequences. There was lots to do with this lot! We didn't do many contacts, except for a couple of runs round the outside route.

The sequences gradually got harder and harder as I went through the classes. Pups did lots of set pieces, snakes, boxes, lines etc. Finally to the top class who were doing lots of lovely lovely difficult sequences, with the odd really hard one in there especially for Toni!!

What does frustrate me about some people that I train is that they seem to think that there dogs will miraculously reach the top without them having to put any effort!! I have people at training (like Toni) who put in an amazing amount of time and effort with their dogs and reep the rewards. As she should. Then I have those that I look at and think, you just want a robot! I seem to be getting more and more frustrated with these people. What do they expect.. you get out what you put in. In boils down to some of them been downright lazy! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR there feel better now.

Tonight was gym night again. Yawn. Tomorrow is gym morning lol. God I better be size 0 soon! Then tomorrow night I am out on the raz all night!! Lets hope the hangover isn't too bad on Sunday morning.

And yes I promise the wellie pick will be here soon. Just as soon a I can find 25 hours in the day!

4 comments:

leah gardner said...

Thanks for the course Mand! My classes love it when people put hard stuff up they've done!(NOT!)

Cher up it'll all be ok after a night on the town! xxxx Leah x

Sarah and Leslie said...

Those will be the ones subscribing to the magic pill philosiphy then! Tell them there is two ways of training agility, one is that they can out in the work between lessons and practice and the other is a magic pill that you can give them each week that will make their dogs the best. They'll look at you like your mad but maybe it might get the point across! Hope this week gets better! :-) Sarah O

Gemma Hanekom said...

LOL Just found your blog Mand.. funny you should say all this as just been reading a forum post about putting work into your dogs ;)

Ah, know just how you feel. Just be happy that you are there to remind people that it is up to them to put the work in and that they aren't going to some trainer who tells them it's the dogs fault xxx

Karen said...

mmmm well said Mand isnt there a saying that goes '' you only reap what you sow ?'' x