Sunday 20 May 2007

About me

Well my hobby or is that obession, is with dog agility. I currently have two dogs. Jag my 5 1/2 year old working sheepdog and Twix my 20 month border collie. I started agility back in 1992 with my crossbreed Spud. I then had my first border collie, Mika. Sadly both Spud and Mika are no longer with me. I lost Spud in September 2006 and Mika in September 2005, exactly a year to the day apart. Needless to say I am not looking forward to that day this year!

Picture below shows Spud, Mika and Jag. Mika laying at the front.
















Jag's dad is from the well known Touchango agility dogs and his Mum was farm collie. Jag has been my absolute superstar. He has taken me to places I never thought I could get to in agility. He is an advanced agility dog (grade 7). He has been to Crufts twice and Olympia three times. At Olympia last year Jag finished a very good 3rd and at Crufts this year we finished 3rd in the senior singles and 3rd in the team event.

Twix is a Bryning border collie bred by Nat Holtappel. She is 20 months old and is only just starting out in her agility career. Her first show was at the end of March. Twix has already made me very proud. She is currently a grade 4 dog, though is finishing off her grade 3 runs.


1 comment:

Cynthia Blue said...

Great pictures, and nice new blog! I love dog agility blogs. :)