Sunday 20 May 2007

This years shows

Well as this blog is mainly about my agility dogs, cos I don't seem to do anything else interesting, I thought I would bring it up to date with this years shows.

Biggest show so far has to be Crufts! I had an amazing time. Jag and I qualified for the senior singles and for the team finals. I had hoped we could carry on from our success at Olympia and find form at the world famous Crufts. Jag did not disappoint at all. On Friday morning we came 4th in the semi for the singles. This put us through to the afternoon final. Jag ran so well. I don't think the floor there is he easiest for a big dog to cope on but he did me proud and finished in 3rd place in the final. We were back up to Crufts the next day for the team finals. Our team was Jag and I, Toni and Kite, David and Billy and Lee and Shy... so not what you would call a bad team. We finished 2nd in the hotly contested morning semi. In the afternoon it all fell apart a bit! Jag and I got 10 faults (our first faults at Crufts this year!) and Toni and Kite had 10 faults, whilst the guys both went clear. We finished 3rd in the final. Was till very proud though.

I have had a mixed start to the year. Twix started her show career at Scunthope and did me proud with three clears out of four runs! Wow! Jag got to the Champ final at Scunny but then I messed up. Enough said!

Twix has managed plenty of clear rounds at other shows picking up lots of nice places. We came close to winning out of grade three at Lewes only to be pipped at the last minute! Jag and I have had a bit of a "sticky" patch. I think mainly because I have started running Twix I have kind of lost my handling with him. Still it all came back to me at Vyne!

No comments: