Tuesday 19 February 2008

Course

Have added numbers for the course that my second class did. I call them my junior class. They are all about 2 1/2 ish, the group that Twix started with.




Pic for car...



Am really liking my car. Seems to be quite economical though hard to tell exactly but can't be worse than my old one.

I just have to decided what I want to do to kit it out in the back. At the moment the dogs are in a fabric kennel in the bag which is barely big enough for them. So I am not happy with it for more than a very short term solution. Any way tonight they had a bit of a barny in it... well it was more of a couple of growls but they never normally do that so am going to have to decide what I want. A mate had car cage that I was going to buy but it is just too big.

I have my tailgate and guard up on the fleamarket and am going to put them on ebay but if anyon knows anyone that wants a Zafira gate and guard.. I have one!!!

Think I will order my new tailgate tomorrow.

Training

Went to do some extra training tonight. Was only a few of us. Jag and Twix were both really good. We hire the school for the evening so after I had run mine we had four of my pup group doing some extra. They are all between 14 months and 16 months now so nearing "that" age. They are doing really well.

We had a breakthrough with one of the dogs and weaves tonight. The dog is mental for his toy and will leg it through the channels to a toy weather that be his handler with the toy at the end, me with the toy or simply the toy on the floor. But hold the toy in your hand and there is no way he is going through. So tonight I decided as we had time and I believe the dog does know what to do with the weaves, that I would stand there with the toy behind my back and just wait for the dog to go through the weaves of his own accord. Thank goodness he did... eventually. At which point I screamed well done and lobbed the toy. I was just trying to make the dog think about doing them to get his reward rather than using his reward to get him to do them if that make sense! any way, each time the dog came back and I took the toy he got quicker and quicker at realising what he had to do to get the reward.

So then I handed him back to his owner who did exactly the same. We aren't using a command but are just going to wait until the dog dives back through everytime he comes back to the handler.. then we will add a new command (different to the one he has been using). Am hoping this will do the trick.

So that's it so far this week.

Gym tomorrow, training Thursday, gym Friday and no idea what I am doing at the weekend... a whole free weekend. No doubt I will be bored lol.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
leah gardner said...

Lovely new car!!!! Leah x

Paula said...

Cool car.

Busy learning the course for Downland ;)

Hudsondoglets said...

Nice car. Let's have some shots of the interior so that I can effectively assess how clean it really is!

We are getting a new car on Saturday. Andy is very excited and behaving like a small child - what's new?

Mand said...

Oo what is Andy getting then? I'm sure it is much posher than mine.. not to mention newer lol. Will try to get some interior shots at the weekend.

Gemma Hanekom said...

Like the course Mand! thatd be a good one for hoaxey to practise!

More car pix please! Looks v v nice!!!

Hudsondoglets said...

Land Rover Discovery. Got it yesterday. Very nice I have to admit. Now we have to get dog cages fitted ... oh and sell the Shogun!