Thursday 27 November 2008

Not a lot going on!

Well as the title suggests, not a lot going on. Very boring (sorry). Training... well haven't done much of that. My dogs have had a month off each and then I managed to hurt my back, so I haven't been running them. Tried on Monday and was ok but not great. I was going to run both but Twix managed to cut her paw on the Sunday so just ran Jag which was nice but I wasn't running him properly but he was such a good boy.

I guess it isn't long until Christmas so will just potter through and to a little bit of training but i'm sure the extended rest won't dog the dogs (or me) any harm.

No shows to report on either. Well not for my dogs. Last Sunday there was a WAG show which I went to to watch some of the people I train and I also thought I might be able to help out a bit as Leah was judging. We had a good laugh! But I soon learnt that you can't please everyone and some people just can't seem to stand people being to happy, hey ho. I won't need to help as much in future! But I think having a laugh passed the time of day. Poor Leah was stuck judging for over 10 hours and it was flippin freezing. I know most people appreciated Leah's courses and the time she took to judge everyone. Well done Leah. Just a shame there were the odd few people that couldn't see past themselves!

My club enjoyed the show. Between 3 of them, they won all the grade 1/2 classes.

Toni and I are doing a training day on 28th December. So should be enjoyable. Have lots of people already but still some spaces left. Be good to run off all the Christmas pud.

So what next... well a series of going out getting drunk nights! And then the pain of deciding what the heck to buy everyone for Christmas! I always say I dislike Christmas but it's not really Christmas I dislike, its that bit before. To add to it both my parents have Birthdays at Christmas too. One on 19th and one on 27th, so double the presents to think of... ahh!!!!

Well thats about it really. I hope all the other bloggers are fighting fit and looking forward to Christmas.

4 comments:

Rosie Ison said...

Wheres the training day?

Rosie

leah gardner said...

Shameless advertising!!!!!
Thank you for your help last week, I really apprieciated it!!! XLeah

Mand said...

Rosie,

At Plum Pudding where Linda holds the WAG shows. So near Margate ish.

Leah,

Yes and!!!!!
No problem. I never mind helping out a nice judge. I enjoyed it.

Nat said...

I am so with you about the whole Christmas thing...I'm such a humbug! lol

I think a break every once in a while does you the world of good, I decided I'm taking Jan/Feb off and haven't entered anything...hopefully I'll be raring to go again by the end of it! :)

Hope you had a good xmas and your training day anyway, take care. xx