Monday 28 April 2008

Dog walks dog walks dog walks!

Ok I actually think it is now an official psychological disorder. Nancy and I have/are both suffering from. Dogwalk itis! I am dreaming dog walks. I keep saying Twix's dog walks are different in the ring to at training and I will get some video. But I got someone to take a brief video of a couple of Twix's tonight. She did a great dog walk on her first run. Sadly not videoed but then we did some dog walks on their own and I had two videoed. Believe it or not I was not happy with either of these.... I felt she slowed a lot on the down plank. Until I watched them back. And now I do know she is slower in competition but I really am begining to think I am worrying about nothing! And as Gemma said to me a while back, what is there in training will eventually come in the ring... Here's hoping!! So videos below!! I really should give Twix more credit.



2 comments:

Hudsondoglets said...

The training contacts are great. It will come in the ring but you have to let it come and not get in her face as you try to encourage it. Well, that's my experience with Niamh.

I also have another solution to offer. Stop worrying about the dog walk and concentrate on some new handling techniques to perfect. I have been doing this with push throughs and go rounds and I dream about them constantly. It is wearing me out but I've stopped worrying so much about the dog walk. It's still work in progress but I'm a bit more relaxed about it. So much so that I pulled her off too fast at Newbury on Saturday. She did a lovely round too. What a plonker I am.

The other solution is to get yourself a problem with something different e.g. the weaves. I've found that has really taken the focus off my dog walk!

All jokes aside, because I'm not so obsessed it's getting better by itself. Niamh will never have the fastest dog walk in the world so I'm trying to make her better at other things so's we can make up time elsewhere!

God, don't I go on.

See you at Vyne!

OBay Shelties said...

How come when I watch this video I just say "WOW Great contacts!"?