Wednesday 12 March 2008

CRUFTS!! what else!!

Well Crufts is over and done with for another year. The realisation that everything I qualified for last year is now done and all the work starts again. Crufts and Olympia are so addictive that every year I spend the whole summer trying to get there. The event comes, I enjoy it, it goes. So I do it all again! Mad.... probably but what the hell. Crufts was mixed for me. I was so pleased we won the teams. I think we should have had a great chance last year but we messed up. Hey ho. This year no messing up. Well apart from me and Jag having a pole in the final. But not sure there was a lot I could have done about that. I kept my head in the final and didn't lose the plot like I did last year. I have to say how great my team mates were. I really really couldn't do teams with people I didn't like so much. Whilst we all wanted to do well, I know they were the most supportive bunch of people I know and, had it all gone wrong, they wouldn't hae held a grudge.... I think lol. Any way videos below.

First the semi and then the final.









I have a mixture of feelings about the champ class. I was soo excited to be there. Toni and I spent ages first thing in the morning studying the course plan, discussing our options and running through what we were going to do and that was all before we even walked the course. It did help... lots. Thanks mate. I got a very silly 5 faults in the jumping. I just didn't watch where Jag was going. So had to knee him away from the wrong end of the tunnel and push him to the correct end. Oops. I was pleased to get round the course without and E. My handling kinda went to pot after the 5 faults. Think panic set in. The agilit, well what can I say. I got Jag e'd. Sorry Jaglet! I can plainly see from the picture below that I sent Jag over the wrong jump (see video for course). If only I had got round without and E, I would have been in the final. If's n and's. Any way I have to say I was pleased with the way he worked. The tunnel to tunnel bit caused a lot of problems with the big dogs. Jag did it superbly. So at least I feel we are back on form together.

I stayed to watch the final. Toni had qualified and I really wanted to see the lovely Kite win again. It wasn't to be this year. Toni got the RCC. I was sad for Toni as she always tries so hard and has to be one of the most dedicated trainers I know and is so helpful to me. Lets hope Kite and Toni do it next year.

That said I was also pleased for David. Making Dobby a champion so young! It was a great final to watch.



But your shoulders were pointing that way Mum!!!







Ah well. I have felt rather tired this week. Think Crufts takes it out of you and that was with two days of between each visit. Getting up at 0330 and getting home at 2130 is all a bit much.

Mid downs on Saturday. Strangely I can't wait!! Judging at WAG on Sunday. Haven't done any training this week. So who knows what Saturday will bring lol

3 comments:

Paula said...

Well done at Crufts, I watched you in the jumping and thought it was a shame he marked you for the handling.

Good luck with qualifying for next year I'll be coming to you for some advice on how to:)

See you Saturday

Hudsondoglets said...

Oh Mand, such a shame. He was working so well which is a huge plus as I know you haven't felt quite in synch with him lately (all the work on the Twixlet etc.) I know it sounds corny but it isn't you should be so proud of your achievement in winning a ticket and getting to Crufts. And of course, you don't lose that ticket so now you have huge incentive to win another ticket a) to get you to Crufts 2009 and b) so that you only have one left to gain for Jag to become Champion. I'm such a positive person ........... for everyone else! Ha ha!

Karen said...

Huge congrats on your team win, great stuff, and as Nancy sais it was a huge achievement to win a ticket and to be there, and I am sure you will win another one this year as that Jag steered by you is a pretty awesome combination ! k x